if certain folks would stop trying to hack this site.
Various crowdfunding plaforms and payment platforms have different payment processing fees, some varying depending on the situation. That accounts for a small portion of funds raised.
Of the remaining funds, 10% goes to operating overhead and supporting our own crowdfunding campaigns. The remaining 90% is used to support other people’s crowdfunding campaigns. We provide funding boosts early in a campaign, in order to increase that campaign’s activity, making it more likely to receive other donations. We contribute to campaigns that are losing momentum, to help them continue toward success. And we make up shortfalls on campaigns that are close to ending unsuccessfully. When funding permits, we might also offer matching contributions with some campaigns.